Friday, October 16, 2009

Stitches!

Yesterday I had just gotten the kids up from their nap time and was helping Emmaline clean up her room when I heard a loud scream from the boys room. Josiah came running into Emmaline's room with blood covering the left side of his face and eye. I scooped him up and laid him on the bed then went running to get a washcloth to wash him off and sent Elijah to get the phone for me, while Emmaline watched to make sure Josiah stayed in place. After washing Josiah's face off I could see that all the blood was coming from a large gash just below his left eyebrow. I called Mark and asked him to meet me at the closest Emergicare, then loaded all the kids into the van and headed out. When we got to the clinic I walked in and they sent me right back without even filling out the paperwork! The nurse came and looked and said she thought maybe one stitch would be needed. Then the doctor came and said probably 2 and when it came right down to it, he needed 3 stitches! Mark stayed with him while the doctor sewed the gash closed, I had already almost thrown up several times, I don't handle the sight of blood well! Praise the Lord the cut was where it was and not any closer to Josiah's eye! We are still not sure what happened, we think he might have tripped and hit his head on the metal frame of the boys bunkbed. We really don't have anything else sharp around that he could have cut himself on. Never a dull moment around here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! We love to hear from you!