Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Sickness in the house...

Last week I got really sick with a fever, headache, backache and sideache. I figured I had picked up a bug of some sort. I was really bad Tuesday (couldn't even get off the couch!) but was better Wednesday and Thursday so I figured I was in the clear. Then, Friday morning I woke up with such a high fever, bad backache and sideache that I literally could not move. I called my midwife and she said it sounded like a kidney infection and that I should go to the doctor as soon as possible. Fortunately for me I had taken the kids to my mom's house to spend the weekend on Thursday so I didn't have to worry about what to do with them. And Mark is off on Friday's so he was able to drive me to the doctor's office, which is good because I never would have gotten there by myself. When I got to the doctor's they took my temperature and it was almost 103! It only took them about 2 minutes to determine that I did indeed have a kidney infection. They prescribed some antibiotics which I have been taking faithfully and am finally starting to feel better, except for one thing...the kids and I are all sick with some sort of cold or flu bug! We all have runny noses, dry coughs and gunky eyes (and I lost my voice completely)! Yuck! The only one in our house who is well is Mark. So, he is doing everything around here for now. He has a good attitude and is a great help, I'm so glad he is able to take care of things for me. I have been living on the couch for a week now and probably will continue to be there for a few more days!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! We love to hear from you!