Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Patriotic Decorating in Mini!

I decorated the dollhouse again this year for Memorial Day/4th of July.  I love how festive all the different decorations look, so very patriotic!

I saved all the decorations that I made last year and reused them this year.  The blue blanket on the back of the couch is just a scrap of fabric folded over.  I bought the little American flag next to the fireplace at the dollar store (in a pack of 24, I'll have to come up with some other uses for them!)




I also have started on the kitchen so I elected to put out some holiday type food.  I am trying out this arrangement of the furniture right now, and I have to say that I like it much better.  Still a long ways from completion, mind you, but I have a good idea of what I want.


I made the little hot dogs myself, as well as the bowl of blueberries (didn't make enough blueberries, oops!), the small teacup, and the cookies on the plate.  Emmaline made the brown doughnut (on the white plate at the very front of the table).  I still have more things I'd like to make (more blueberries for one!) but I'm happy with how this is coming along.


Again, sorry for the poor picture quality.  I've finally figured out that I just don't have enough light in the garage for good pictures.  I'll keep trying to get that figured out!  Thanks for your patience!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! We love to hear from you!