Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Baby Shower for a friend!

My mother-in-law and I put together a baby shower for my sister-in-law recently.  My sister-in-law's baby is due only 3 weeks before me and I thought it would be so nice to do a shower for her.  They are having a boy and are so excited!  We went with a color theme of brown and green, the colors that are being used in the baby's nursery.  I did most of the planning of the shower, prepared and mailed the invites, and handled all the contacts with everyone that was coming.  My mother-in-law did all the shopping, including ordering and buying the cake.  It worked out really well, we were a good team. 

My sister-in-law asked us to have the shower at her house, which worked out really well.  We played 2 games, one where all the ladies that came looked at a box full of baby stuff and then once everyone had a chance to look they wrote down what they remembered from the boxes.  We had 3 people with the same number of things so we ended up having to decide who won based on who was the most specific/closet to the exact name of the item.  The ladies all seemed to enjoy the game. 


Then it was on to cake and punch!





Everything looked so lovely and festive and everyone seemed to enjoy the cake and fellowship.  We let everyone eat and talk for a long time and finally had to interupt them to move on to the last thing, which was a bingo game that was done while the gifts were being opened.  This was a very fun game, and even the kids got in on the action!  My sister-in-law got many wonderful new things for her little guy!  I thought it was a good shower and am glad I could help put it together!  :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! We love to hear from you!