Saturday, December 4, 2010

Bookshelves

Recently online I saw the idea of rain gutter bookshelves -
http://raisingolives.com/2009/07/raingutter-book-shelves-tutorial/
Elijah and Josiah's bookshelves
Emmaline's bookshelf
I thought that they were so neat and decided to put them up in my kids rooms.  Mark and I took a Saturday and went to the store to purchase all the materials.  The intention was to hang them up when we got home but... Mark went to hang them and couldn't find the studs, as whoever built our house did not space them evenly!  So, we had to go back to the store and get a stud finder!  After getting the stud finder though it was a very simple matter to hang them up and took Mark all of 15 minutes.  I really like how they look and the kids seem to read the books that are on them a lot. (Technically only Elijah can read but that's not the point!)  I think they look pretty nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! We love to hear from you!