Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Good Friday

We started out the day on Good Friday by making a red velvet cake! Yum!!! It was for Easter, but I wanted to make it ahead of time because we were planning to be gone most of the day Saturday.  The kids had so much fun licking the beaters!

 We went out to my parents house in the afternoon to celebrate with them.  My mom had almost everything all ready and we had a good time just hanging out.  :-)


At about 4 I helped my mom make grebble.  Perhaps you don't know what grebble is?  A little background might be helpful: my mom is 100% german and her grandparents came to America in the early 1900's.  It is a german tradition to have snitz soup and grebble on Good Friday.  Grebble is sort of like a donut but also like bread, deep fried.  And what, you may ask, is snitz soup?  Simply dried fruit, cream, butter, and allspice made into a soup.  I like it a lot but Mark thinks its not so good.  It must be an aquired taste...





 The whole family was able to be together to celebrate and we had a wonderful time!




After dinner the kids did an Easter Egg hunt.  They had a blast!!!  Unfortunately, I have not figured out how to take good pictures at night, or of rapidly moving kids!  So, we have no pictures of the Easter Egg Hunt, but trust me when I say the kids had a Really Good Time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! We love to hear from you!