Monday, March 18, 2013

Meal Plan for the Week

 

One of my recent blog finds is Life as Mom.  I love her menu plans! I love to see what she is serving for HER family of 8!  Since that is one of my all time favorite posts from her I thought you all might enjoy the same from me.  :-)

I like to plan my meals about a week in advance.  I have done as far ahead as a month, but in my current life stage planning a month ahead just feels impossible!

 

I plan my meals in 3 steps:

1. Check the fridge for foods that need to be used up.

2. Check the pantry and freezer for foods on hand.

3. Check my lists of meals for ideas and make a list of meals for the week.

Pretty simple really.  I usually use what ever I have on hand, I don’t like to have to buy ingredients special for a meal.  The hardest part for me is thinking about side dishes!

 

Here is my meal plan for this week:

* Beans and Rice with lettuce, tomatoes, olives, cheese, green peppers and sour cream for toppings.  Fruit Salad.

* Salsa Verde Beef served in tortillas with lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, and sour cream.  I don’t make side dishes with this kind of meal anymore because my family doesn’t eat them!

* BBQ Chicken, steamed vegies, cut fruit.

* Easy Manicotti (ie: recipe made up as I go!), green salad, fruit salad.

* Homemade Pizza, green salad.

*Snacky Dinner (bread, cheese, fruit, vegies) – A meal in one so to speak!

* Shrimp!  A special treat from the freezer that I forgot I had!  Green salad.  Or this might end up being smoothies, depending on how busy the day is, ha!

What’s on YOUR menu this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! We love to hear from you!