Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Vegetable Garden

I planted my garden this week.  My mom came over twice, once to help me buy the plants and then once to help plant the garden.  We spent a Lot of time preparing the soil for the garden, enhancing the soil and turning it.  We planted a lot of things:  strawberries, blackberry seeds, green peppers, lettuce, zucchini, cucumbers, and gourd seeds.  We will plant tomatoes in another week or so, when it's warmer.


 Because of the close proximity to the trees the ground was FULL of roots that we had to cut out.  The kids were a great help with this part!




 The Completed Garden!!!!  I am so pleased with how it turned out!


 Oh, and here is the pile of roots that we removed from the garden area!  Wow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! We love to hear from you!