Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Success!

Our garage sale went MUCH better than expected!  We ended up making $240 and my mother-in-law made almost $100!  I'm so happy with how it went!

Mark made this clothing rack for me last year and it works so well!  It really helps to move the clothes, a hard item to sell, by making it easier for people to find what they want.  I sort all the clothes by size and have paper dividers to make it easier for my customers.


I also try to keep like items together, creating a "kitchen" section, "decor" section, etc.  All the big stuff I place on the side where it's easy to see and will hopefully make people want to stop.  By the end of Friday most of the big stuff was gone though... not really a bad thing!



There were a few toys that the kids didn't want to part with but I wanted gone.  This Dora game was one of them...it ended up in the house more than once before being sold!


Emmaline was my big helper at the paying table, she helped me hand out change to all our customers.  She is wearing a hat and coat because Friday morning it was only 50 degrees till late in the morning.


I take all the little toys that are too small to sell alone and I make "grab bags".  These sell really well, especially with 7-12 olds.


All in all it was a GREAT sale!  After it was all said and done we took all the leftover items to Goodwill, so our garage is much cleaner!  Yay!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! We love to hear from you!