Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Trim and miscellanous other

I spent some time working on the dollhouse this week.  Lots of little projects...

First I glued this wall on the first floor into place.  Nothing exciting but it needed to be done.  


However, when I put the wall in place I discovered that it was just slightly too long, as seen in this picture.


So, I took some sandpaper to it and sanded it down till the edges were flush.  It's hard to tell in the picture but it actually looks quite a bit better.


I have also been working on the trim for the outside of the house.  Mark has done all the cutting of the trim pieces because I can't seem to get the hang of cutting all those angles!  After they are cut then I paint them and put them in place.  Here is the first layer of trim on the side of the house.  I also shingled the false eaves.


And here is the front of the house with the first layer of trim glued on and the second layer of trim in place to check the fit.


Mark also cut the boards for the front porch.  Now I just need to stain them and glue them in place.  I stained the bare wood underneath the boards so that any wood showing through will be less obvious.


Here is the front half of the deck, with the boards all stained and put in place.  The post is just in place because it looks nice, it is not anywhere near ready to be installed yet!


 Progress is slow but steady!  I'm having so much fun putting it all together!

2 comments:

Amy Blevins said...

It looks great, Betsy. You are doing a great job!!!

Betsy said...

Thanks Amy!

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! We love to hear from you!