Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Vacation Bible School!

Last week was our church's vacation bible school.  The older kids participated and I worked in the kitchen making snacks.  Because I was in the kitchen I only got shots of the work in there and none of my kids :-(.  It was a crazy week but lots of fun!  The kids had a blast and are already counting down the days till next year!   :-)


The theme for this years VBS was New York City.  We had lots of fun in the kitchen making themed snacks.  We had around 96 kids everyday plus 30 some workers so we had to make a lot of snacks!
Our snack one day was these cute taxi cabs.


Here, two of the kitchen helpers make some of the snacks.  It's a great chance to chat and get caught up on all the news while assembling all the snacks!


I dipped all of the graham crackers for these stoplight cookies.  Yum!  They were my favorite snack!


And these were the snacks for the last day, lady liberty torches.  Aka: cupcakes made in ice cream cones and frosted.  These were lots of fun to make!




We also made several other snacks which I didn't get a chance to photograph.  And a big lunch for all the kids and their families on the last day, that was an experience!

If I come across some pictures of the kids I will be sure to post them.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! We love to hear from you!