Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Another weeks worth of meals

Since some of you expressed interest in seeing what a "regular" weeks worth of meals is in our house, I went ahead and took pictures of this past week, a Very normal week for us.

I apologize for the pictures, I'm not a food photographer by any stretch of the imagination.  So, here we go...

  Last Wednesday we had sausage egg burritos and water.  Included in the burritos were sausage, eggs, tomatoes, mushrooms, green peppers, cheese, and sour cream for those who like it.  I also like to have lettuce but my lettuce plants died and I didn't have any on hand.  I used some sausage that was given to us but we didn't really like.  This was my way of using it up, it masks the taste quite well.


The kids like this meal, although the younger ones don't eat the tortillas, just the egg mix.


Thursday's meal was taco salad, cantaloupe, and water.  The tortilla chips are actually tostada shells crushed up, there wasn't enough left for another meal of tostada's so rather than throw them away we used them for this meal.


Friday was pizza, as always.  I forgot to take a picture of the pizza's but here's a picture of the leftover pieces.  (Yes, only 2 pieces were left from 2 extra large pizza's!  Our kids eat a LOT.)


Saturday was Smorgasbord Day!  In other words, leftovers!  Our leftovers included biscuits, taco salad, pizza, green beans, mac n' cheese, peaches, bananas, pasta salad and sausage egg burritos.  We ate almost all of this up except for the taco salad which was slimy.  We put that in a container to give to my mom to feed to her dogs, which is what we do with all our leftovers that are inedible (not much).


Sunday was Tea Time!  We had lemon muffins, tomato slices, peach slices, ants on a log (celery, peanut butter and raisins), and cookies.  Yum!  This is my favorite meal of the week!


Monday I tried a new recipe, Taco Pasta Salad.  It was not a hit.  Oh well.  I served watermelon with it and we finished up the last of the cookies from the tea yesterday.


Okay, so this meal looks a bit weird.  It is baked potatoes topped with taco meat, cheese, and sour cream.  Served with corn.  I had plans to also serve tomatoes and a fruit salad with this but had some discipline issues to work through right as I was making dinner soooo, this is what it ended up being.


Well, there you have it.  This is a normal week for us.  You might have noticed that we don't serve meat plain hardly ever, it's ususally a casserole of some sort.  I try to serve fruit and vegies with every meal, not always succesfully.  We drink water with nearly every meal.

If you missed my post on a different kind of weeks worth of meals, you can find it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! We love to hear from you!