Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Jeremiah's Birthday Party!

We celebrated Jeremiah's birthday this weekend!  We kept the invite list small, only family, and only the grandparents and my brother ended up coming so it was a very small party.  This was probably for the best as Jeremiah doesn't do as well with lots of people around.

The party theme was trains, Jeremiah is crazy about trains.  I made a train cake for him, I thought it turned out well.  The oreos didn't fit on the coal car so that is why I cut them up.  And, yes, the train engine is leaning slightly.  And I know that the caboose should have been red.  So I'm not perfect.  At least the kids were happy and didn't mention all the flaws.  (Unlike some of the adults at the party...)  :-(


Before everyone came over we opened Jeremiah's gifts from the family.  Elijah, Emmaline, and Josiah had made or given some of their things to Jeremiah.  So sweet!  We gave Jeremiah a small car race type track.  I'm not sure exactly what the correct word for them is but he loved it!



And before the party I thought I should get a picture of the big (or not so big :-)) birthday boy.  What a cutie!


When everyone arrived for the party I had all the kids color pictures of trains.  Then we went in the garage and played with balloons for a bit.  First we put all the balloons in the center of a sheet and shook it till they all bounced out.  We did that a few times, then let the kids just throw the balloons or whatever (Elijah popped a few, and Grandpa had fun rubbing balloons on kids' heads and sticking them to the wall!).

After the activities we headed up for cake! For anyone who notices that the smoke is gone, Micah ate it!  I had to redo the whole front of the train between the first picture and the party.


All the kids sat in the kitchen to eat their food.  And some adults too...


And finally, the fun part, gifts!  Jeremiah had just 3 gifts but that was good, so he didn't get overwhelmed.  



The gift from Grandma and Grandpa was HUGE!  What could it be?!?



Yay!  His very own trike!


Altogether it was a good day and most importantly, Jeremiah had fun.  :-)

3 comments:

Gabe said...

What a fun birthday! I love the cake, it looks great! It looks like he had a great time!

Leigh said...

The wooden toy the two boys are looking at looks really interesting..what is it and where can I find the like? I am a grandmother looking for unique toys.

Betsy said...

Leigh, the toy my boys are looking at is an old fashioned car race track. The cars are exactly the same on the top and bottom and they flip over as they go down the track. I'm not sure of the specific name for what it is, the brand is ALEX toys. We bought it at Ross, they have a good selection of toys. The wooden train in the pictures above also came from Ross. Also in our area there is a store called Tuesday Morning which sells similar types of toys. And of course Ebay has these kinds of things as well, if you have the patience to look through ALL the listings... :-). I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any more questions. Thanks for reading my blog!

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! We love to hear from you!