Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Boys Dresser

I'm in fixing up mode!  I have big plans for everything that I'm going to fix, paint, or otherwise change this year (including painting furniture, kitchen cabinets, walls furniture, replacing flooring and furniture and generally rearranging and organizing the whole house!).  We'll see how much I actually can get done!

My first project this year was to paint the boys dresser black.  Elijah asked me to paint it black for him almost 2 years ago and somehow I never got around to it, partly because of finances and partly for lack of time.  So, 2 weeks ago I broke down and bought a gallon of black paint and some polyurethane.  Here's how it looked post painting.  Not too bad, just a little worn from use. 



I removed the drawers hardware, sanded down the whole dresser, moved it to the family room and started painting! 


We didn't get through the process without any mishaps though.  Micah stepped right in my container of paint!  What a mess!  Good thing I put down drop cloths!


After painting I put on 2 coats of poly, then let it dry for 5 days before reassembling in the boys room.  I'm really pleased with how it turned out, although I'm not sure if I should paint the handles silver.  Any opinions?


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I like the makeover! But I think I would paint the hardware silver. I'm so impressed at your makeovers. Very inspiring...

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! We love to hear from you!