Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Dollhouse Living Room

This year I was sooo excited to get started on the interior of the dollhouse, and have been slightly disappointed at the cost of everything.  Perhaps for most folks it wouldn't seem like a lot but for us it is a fairly significant cost.  This past week I was finally able to put up the wallpaper on 2 of the walls in the living room!  Yay!  I'm going for a shabby chic style room, so I choose a pink flowered wallpaper.  I also painted the hardwood floor white.  I've been trying to decide whether to do the floor white or dark for months it seems ;-) and after spending some time looking at pictures of real white floors on the internet, I decided to take the plunge.  I also painted the stairs white for now, not sure if that will be permanent or not.  On the third wall in the living room I plan to do full-length beadboard.  I think it will look great!  However, I put in actual working light switches and I'm not sure how I'm going to cut those out of the beadboard.  I guess I'll cross that bridge when I come to it!

Here is how the living room looks with the wallpaper glued on.  I will freely admit I did a pretty lousy job cutting out the wallpaper.  Fortunately for me, the edge will all be covered by trim!  I propped the beadboard that I've painted in place for this picture and I like the overall effect.  I'm in the process of building a fireplace that will go on the bead board wall, I'll show you all when it's done.  I'm pretty excited about it!
Living room without the stairs

And with them...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! We love to hear from you!