Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Fireplace Progress

For all of you interested in my dollhouse, I thought I would give you a little glimpse of how my fireplace for the dollhouse living room is coming.  I built the main part first including all the trim and mantel, then painted it.  Then came cutting, installing, painting, and mortaring the egg carton bricks.  Last night I built the firebox and next I plan to build the chimney breast.  Here it is as of today:


I based the design on a picture that I saw in a magazine of a fireplace that I loved.  As far as figuring out all the "how's" of putting this together, I have been following this blog post, one of my all time favorite dollhouse blogs.  It has the best tutorials! 

I'll keep you posted on my progress, slow and steady wins the race, right?  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! We love to hear from you!