Wednesday, March 28, 2012

My Birthday

We celebrated my birthday this past Sunday.  It was a lovely, relaxing day!  I got to spend it doing just what I like to do!  In years past I have let everything go (dishes, cleaning up after kids, etc.) but have found that by the end of the day I'm so stressed by the mess that I come unglued.  So, this time I just did my regular activities, it made for a much less stressful time.  :-)

We started the day with bagels and cream cheese for breakfast, one of my favorite meals.  We used only food that we had on hand for my birthday meals but they still turned out nice and special.  Micah and Jeremiah had runny noses and coughs so I stayed home from church with them while Mark took the rest of the family.  It was a good morning, I spent quite a bit of time working on my dollhouse, reading, and relaxing.  It was sooo quiet with just the little guys!

When everyone got home we opened gifts.  Mark had taken the kids shopping a week ago and they all picked out gifts for me, it was fun to open them all and see what they picked!  They all knew exactly what they wanted to get for me, and I have to say they did a good job!  I also had a gift from Mark, my parents, and a few cards.  Then it was on to lunch: grilled chicken, jello, and tomato slices, with cake for dessert!




The afternoon was spent doing more hobby type stuff, playing games, playing with the kids and just relaxing.  We had tea and sandwiches for dinner, with ice cream for dessert!  After the kids went to bed Mark and I watched the movie he got me, "Yes Man".  Just a side note, we have a clear play DVD player which we used for this movie, it is NOT acceptable without the clear play.  It was a really nice day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! We love to hear from you!