Monday, April 8, 2013

Kids Organizing–Coats

This is the first part of a series on organizing kids.  Kids have sooo much stuff, it can be overwhelming knowing what to do with it all.  So, I thought I would share with you all how I organize different kids items.  Please keep in mind that these are just ideas of how I do things, you need to find what works for you!

I feel funny writing a post about organizing kids coats, because I don’t really feel like I do much.  But I know that often it’s the simple ideas from others that help me the most, so with that in mind, I’ll share what we do.

P4010244

We live in an interesting climate.  If you go out in the morning in spring, summer, or fall, you’ll need a light coat but if you go out in the afternoon you’ll need short sleeves, and shorts and in the evening it’s back to long sleeves and warm coats!  Even in the winter we need light coats depending on the day, some days can be really warm.  But, we also need winter coats about 8 months out of the year for those cold days, or when it decides to snow the day after it was 75 degrees!  Such fun!  ;-)

Each of the kids has at least one light coat/sweater coat.  Some of them have multiples.  I’m not much for limiting clothes, except for when we’re out of space!  No space means it’s time to pare down.  Each of the kids keeps their light coats hung up with their clothes in their closet section.  Because the rods are low all but the youngest ones can rehang their coats themselves. 

P4010243

For winter coats I keep a box in the entry closet and the kids just throw their coats in it when they come home or come in from outside.  The winter coats are so big and puffy that I didn’t want to use the closet space in their closets.  I tried hooks on the wall of the entry closet and in their rooms but the kids hardly ever hung the coats up, and when they did the coats fell down more often than not!  This way putting away coats is quick and easy for them, always a very good thing!

So, that’s how we keep track of coats around here.  What about you, how do you keep track of your family’s coats?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! We love to hear from you!