Thursday, April 25, 2013

Transformers Party

Josiah celebrated his birthday with a Transformers Party!  As usual, we celebrated as a family during the early part of the day and the party was later on that same day.  Josiah opened his gifts from us.  The kids all got him a small gift, and we got him a small play pistol, and a pair of rollerblades.  Here he is trying them out for the very first time…

P4150327P4150336

Josiah asked for games for his party so I did some internet searching and came up with a few ideas.  For the first game I hung up a picture of one of the deception transformers (the “bad guys”) with a target on his chest that I made.  I printed out some stars for the kids to pin on the target to try and see who could “kill” him.  My original thought was to print out bullet hole clip art but I thought that might not go over well with other familys so we stuck with the safer stars.  This game was so much fun for the kids!

P4160341

Then we played “Deception Bowling”, an idea that I found on the internet.  Prior to the party we bought bottles of Gatorade and had the kids drink them.  Once empty I washed them and removed the labels.  Then I printed up coloring pages of deceptions from the internet, had the kids color them, and taped them onto the bottles.  At the party we had the kids take turns bowling, keeping track of everybody’s scores.  This game was also great for the kids, they LOVED it and just wanted to keep playing!

When all the games were over I let the winners from each game pick a prize, and then I let all the kids pick one more prize so that everyone ended up with at least one prize. 

P4160346

We served dinner for all our guests, Lasagna, a Green Salad, and French Bread.  I set up a table for the kids in the family room.  I had juice boxes for everyone, which I opened prior to the party starting and placed on a tray in the family room.  I also put extra forks and napkins on the kids table, so that anyone who forgot those things was covered.  :-) 

P4160352P4160354

Then it was on to the gifts!  This ended up being a mostly family only party, because of various reasons friends couldn’t come, so the amount of gifts was small and very manageable.  There was a definite theme to his gifts, he got almost all guns!

P4160379

We finished up the party with cake and ice cream.  I bought cupcake toppers from etsy.  Josiah picked strawberry cupcakes and buttercream frosting, very easy.  I served all the ice cream ahead of time in cupcake liners and froze them, so serving everyone was a breeze!

P4160385

After all the guests left, Josiah spent the evening with Mark and I, shooting his new guns.  Ha!  On their birthdays we let the kids stay up later than normal, and sleep in our room, such a special treat for them.  Josiah was pretty wiped out from his big day, he only stayed up till 9:30…

This was a great day for him!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! We love to hear from you!